FINAL FANTASY XIV News

Monday, November 3, 2008

Quick update

I have been a bit lazy with updates lately..
We've done the usual events and all every day.. I have not gotten anything worth mentioning, but I have worked hard on my bonecrafting mule every day. Its currently at 81.6 and slowly rising. 

I wish I had kept track on my expenses from the start of this mule, so I would know the total cost for the leveling, but I didnt.. I've done a rough estimate and my losses for leveling 0-80 comes to approx. 1.7 million gil.

I could have cut costs a bit, but from my experience with some recipes, farming ingredients is not always the best way to cut costs. For example farming giant femurs for hours, or buying them for 500gil/pcs and using the time saved to do what you usually do to earn gil is way better. 

Also, just blindly aiming for the cheapest synths available for skillups is not always so good. Some items have a much better price when selling back to npc..
Like doing a 100 synths that cost 1000gil each, which npcs back for 50gil may sound cheap, but when compared to a synth that costs 10000gil and sells back to npc for 9800 its easy to see the benefit of the later. The only problem with this is you need some gil on hand just to start off..and something to hit for those times where you do a few critical breaks in a row.

The best advice I can give anyone that is planning on leveling a craft is to use the excellent recipe-database on ffxiah.com

No comments: