FINAL FANTASY XIV News

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Back-end update

So, I had a slow day at work, and I though I would work some on the blog.
I realized that all that information you can find on ffxiah.com is public, so that means you should be able to pull that information to this blogg, making it "update itself"..

Sure enough, getting my job's current levels was pretty easy, once I found the solution. I can also pull my crafting levels and current titel, rank etc, but I decided not to do that. I will probably add the crafting once I get Wildbone registered on the auction site, but I'm too lazy at the moment.

What I inially wanted to do was to pull the merit-information, and that proved to be the tricky part, but I got it to work, after several hours of work. I can't seem to get the formatting to work for it, but screw that, atleast I'll never have to update my merits manually here anymore. :-)

Also I took some time and updated the spreadsheet for the Mandau-project, formatting all cells to the correct values (ie percent, currency etc.) So it's a bit easier to read now. I also added a percent counter for the different stages, to make the graph a bit easier to read.

Without getting technical, I'll just say that none of this could have been possible without Google Docs. Google Docs, I love you!

No comments: