FINAL FANTASY XIV News

Monday, January 19, 2009

Typo, I love you.

I just realised I had 2 errors in my spreadsheet for the Mandau currency, which I now have fixed. 

Stage 4 needed currency was set to 6700 instead of 6100, and stage 3 was set to 1600 instead of 1400. So by fixing these typos, I just made a huge leap closer to the goal, and it didnt cost me a thing, lol.

My goal for the end of April 2009 is to have have Stage1, Stage2, Stage3 at 100% complete and Stage4 and Stage5 at 10%.
I feel this can be done, but I will have to work hard for it. 

On a sidenote, someone asked me the reason for putting these kind of stuff up here, and the answer is simple. I set up goals (tallgates, if you are in to project management) so I have something to work towards. When the deadline for the goal is due, I evaluate my progress and see what I can do to improve.

So by the 1st of May 2008, I should be able to set up a new goal, depending on the outcome of the months ahead.

Planning for things in this game is sometimes harder than reallife since there are a lot of factors that change and you really cant anticipate what will come into effect until they hit you in the face. But if we ignore these factors for a moment and assume that the economy and such will remain the same on the server, my monthly income should increase as time goes, since I will get my crafting skills up, find more and better ways of making money and learn from any costly misstakes I do. Experience makes all the difference. However this is not something I calculate in when I set goals for the Mandau project. I see this "thingswillonlygetbetter-factor" as a backup fund that will ensure that any setbacks (like sickness, vacations, losses) wont put me below estimated earnings.

Yes, it's just a game, but anything you spend this much time on should be handled in a correct way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.